Our Ultimate Castle Experience has been created to deliver an unforgettable 3 night stay at Thirlestane, with the extra wow factor of a luxury dining experience in the castle’s state rooms.
Groups of up to 16 guests can enjoy the entire South Wing of accommodation, comprising of eight luxury bedrooms across 5 castle suites. Each room is tastefully decorated with antiques and artwork from the castle’s collection adding a touch of history and elegance. Guests will receive a complimentary tour of Thirlestane during their stay, luxury breakfast hampers and a delicious welcome pack full of Scottish treats.
Enjoy complimentary use of our Victorian Kitchen, featuring the original 19th century range and beautiful views across the Rose Garden – perfect for relaxed brunches and afternoon teas. Guests can also enjoy the Vaulted Cellar, complete with a wood burning stove and rustic bar – the ideal place to kick back and relax after an adventure-filled day.
The Ultimate Castle experience will also allow guests to enjoy a dining experience in the dramatic portrait-lined State Dining Room. Dine like an Earl or Countess within this breath-taking room which boasts intricate plasterwork ceilings and one of the largest collections of family portraits in the country.
Award-winning chefs will work with you to design your perfect three course menu. The dedicated Thirlestane team can further personalise your dining experience by organising a bagpiper to pipe you into dinner or pairing wine to compliment each course. A magnificent finale to your ultimate castle stay experience.
Country pursuits such as highland games, 4×4 experiences, fishing on the River Tweed or horse riding across the breathtaking Border moorland can also be arranged so that you can experience the very best that Scotland has to offer during your stay.
- Bedrooms: Eight – Three twin/super-king-size, one super-king-size, four king-size. Hairdryers and bathrobes are provided in all bedrooms
- Bathrooms: Eight – Two have a shower only, four have a bath with shower over and two have a free-standing bath with separate shower.
- Within each suite: Fully-equipped kitchen, 100% Egyptian cotton bed linen, towels, tea towels, large free-view TVs, Roberts digital radios, a selection of books and games, cleaning on departure, Wi-Fi, electricity, water and central heating.
- Catering: Guests will get to enjoy the unforgettable experience of dining in the portrait lined State Dining Room, with a custom menu designed by our award winning chefs. All the apartments also have self-catering facilities if guests would like to have a relaxed breakfast. Alternatively, the Victorian Kitchen can be used as a group dining space for guests to gather and enjoy a choice of catering.
- Experiences: We can organise a number of experiences including but not limited to, clay pigeon shooting, horse riding, whisky tasting, archery, falconry, spa treatments, highland games and country pursuits. Every element of your stay is bespoke, so speak to our expert team to organise the best activities for your guests.
- Children: We can provide high chairs and travel cots for younger guests. There is a playpark within the castle grounds.
- Dogs: We welcome dogs and provide dog biscuits and food bowls.
- Gardens: There is a garden area to the rear of the castle where a selection of garden games are available for guests.
- Walks: There are also woodland and riverside walks within the estate and the grounds are crossed by long-distance path The Southern Upland Way.