The two-bedroomed Maitland suite was once the old laundries for Thirlestane Castle. Classic Singer sewing machines nod to the apartment’s past whilst large, dramatic, family portraits in the main reception room offer a sense of grandeur.
The master bedroom with its traditional metal bedstead has been finished in a gentle, soft blue. The ensuite shower room in shades of charcoal gives off the feeling of luxurious glamour. The second bedroom looks out on the Cobbled Courtyard and the dramatic roofline of the main castle. The coral accent colour reflects the rose-pink stone of castle.
The apartment is accessed from either the same level via the castle gardens or up a private staircase from the enclosed Cobbled Courtyard that guests are also able to make use of during their stay.
- Bedrooms: Two – One twin/super-king-size, One king-size. Hairdryers and bathrobes are provided in both bedrooms.
- Bathrooms: Two – One bathroom with shower over the bath and one shower room, both with underfloor heating.
- Kitchen/Dining: Fully-fitted kitchen includes integrated hob/oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and microwave. Dining table to seat four people.
- Also included: 100% Egyptian cotton bed linen, towels, tea towels, 43-inch free-view TV, Roberts digital radio, a selection of books and games, cleaning on departure, Wi-Fi, electricity, water and central heating.
- Children: We can provide high chairs and travel cots for younger guests. There is a playpark within the castle grounds directly opposite this apartment.
- Dogs: We welcome dogs and provide water and food bowls.
- Parking: There is a dedicated parking space for one car outside this apartment.
- Gardens: There is a garden area to the rear of the castle where a selection of garden games are available for guests.
- Walks: There are also woodland and riverside walks within the estate and the grounds are crossed by long-distance path The Southern Upland Way.
- EPC: G