Once the Butler’s Apartment, the space has been transformed into a well-proportioned one-bedroom suite offering visitors a genuinely historic Scottish atmosphere.
The baronial style that is evident in the castle’s architecture has been reflected in the bedroom with the extravagant use of the Maitland family’s tartan for the statement bed and other soft furnishings.
The grandeur continues into the bathroom where a luxurious free-standing roll-top bath takes up the centre of the room.
In the open-plan living, dining and kitchen area the natural colouring gives a relaxed but sumptuous feel. An oil painting from the School of Canaletto depicting a view of Venice has been loaned from the castle collection as have other items of furniture.
- Bedrooms: One – King-size. A hairdryer and bathrobes are provided in the bedroom.
- Bathrooms: One – Free-standing roll-top bath and separate shower.
- Kitchen/Dining: Fully-fitted kitchen includes integrated hob/oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher washing machine and microwave. Dining table to seat two people.
- Also included: 100% Egyptian cotton bed linen, towels, tea towels, 43-inch free-view TV, Roberts digital radio, a selection of books and games, cleaning on departure, Wi-Fi, electricity, water and central heating.
- Children: We can provide high chairs and travel cots for younger guests. There is a playpark within the castle grounds – to the path to the left when departing The Courtyard.
- Dogs: We welcome dogs and provide dog biscuits and food bowls.
- Gardens: There is a garden area to the rear of the castle where a selection of garden games are available for guests.
- Walks: There are also woodland and riverside walks within the estate and the grounds are crossed by long-distance path The Southern Upland Way.
- EPC: F