Formerly the sculleries for the main castle, this castle suite is accessed from the mezzanine of the castle’s Cobbled Courtyard. The traditional flagstone floor in the hallway is a reminder of the apartment’s past, as is the authentic mangle which has been repurposed into a beautiful hallstand.
The soft greens of the gardens outside have inspired the restoration of the space and link the bedroom with the natural beauty of its surroundings. The stunning sleigh bed and wardrobe were used by the Maitland family in their private rooms. Guests can enjoy the ultimate luxury in the extremely spacious bathroom and relax in the free-standing roll-top bath.
A warm and cosy feel is created in the sitting room with the deep coral walls and royal blue accents. As in the bedroom, a large portrait from the castle collection reflects the grandeur of the castle and brings a sense of history to the space. Guests are made to feel part of the Thirlestane family with several personal photos in the hallway showing the Maitland family competing in the show-jumping and eventing competitions at several Olympics.
- Bedrooms: One – Super-king-size. A hairdryer and bathrobes are provided in the bedroom.
- Bathrooms: One – Free-standing roll-top bath and separate shower with underfloor heating.
- Kitchen/Dining: Fully-fitted kitchen includes integrated hob, fridge with ice box and microwave/oven. Breakfast bar to seat two people.
- Also included: 100% Egyptian cotton bed linen, towels, tea towels, 43-inch free-view TV, Roberts digital radio, a selection of books and games, cleaning on departure, Wi-Fi, electricity, water and central heating.
- Children: We can provide high chairs and travel cots for younger guests. There is a playpark within the castle grounds – to the path to the left when departing The Courtyard.
- Dogs: We welcome dogs and provide dog biscuits and food bowls.
- Gardens: There is a garden area to the rear of the castle where a selection of garden games are available for guests.
- Walks: There are also woodland and riverside walks within the estate and the grounds are crossed by long-distance path The Southern Upland Way.
- EPC: D