Perfect for a family holiday or to celebrate a special occasion, The South Wing allows groups of up to sixteen people to take all the accommodation at Thirlestane Castle.
The castle suites comprise of eight luxurious double rooms, each with their own private bathroom. The rooms have been decorated in a classic but contemporary style with items from the castle collections including portraits and furniture.
Guests have access to the Victorian Kitchen as a central dining space which features the original range and views of the castle gardens. You can choose to self cater or we can arrange for our award winning caterers to cook for you. In addition, access to the rustic Vaulted Cellar is also included – complete with a bar, cosy seating area and wood burning stove. The perfect spot to play games with the family or to enjoy a dram of Scottish whisky after dinner!
Additional activities can be added onto to the experience such as horse riding, archery, falconry, highland games, spa treatments or a tour of the Border towns.
- Bedrooms: Eight – Three twin/super-king-size, one super-king-size, four king-size. Hairdryers and bathrobes are provided in all bedrooms
- Bathrooms: Eight – Two have a shower only, four have a bath with shower over and two have a free-standing bath with separate shower.
- Within each suite: Fully-equipped kitchen, 100% Egyptian cotton bed linen, towels, tea towels, large free-view TVs, Roberts digital radios, a selection of books and games, cleaning on departure, Wi-Fi, electricity, water and central heating.
- Catering: Guests are welcome to self-cater and have use of the Victorian Kitchen and its servery which has a fully fitted kitchen. Alternatively, let us arrange for one of our award-winning caterers to come in and provide all your meals for you.
- Experiences: We can organise a number of experiences from spa treatments to food hampers, a bagpiper’s welcome to an exclusive tour of the Borders. See our Experiences page for more details.
- Children: We can provide high chairs and travel cots for younger guests. There is a playpark within the castle grounds.
- Dogs: We welcome dogs and provide dog biscuits and food bowls.
- Gardens: There is a garden area to the rear of the castle where a selection of garden games are available for guests.
- Walks: There are also woodland and riverside walks within the estate and the grounds are crossed by long-distance path The Southern Upland Way.