Thirlestane Castle is the perfect destination for a family reunion, gathering of friends or good old celebration.
Groups of up to 16 can take all five castle suites and enjoy exclusive use of the South Wing. Each suite has been finished to a five-star standard and is individual and unique. They have been carefully restored by the Maitland family and many of the paintings and furnishings belong to the castle collection.
The Victorian Kitchen with its vaulted ceiling and 19th-century range is included, and provides a central space where the whole party can dine together. You can choose to self cater or we can arrange for our award winning caterers to cook for you in the Victorian Kitchen or, for that very special occasion, in one of the castle’s grand State Rooms. Our cosy & rustic vaulted cellar is also there for you with its roaring fire and cosy sofas – all equipped with a table tennis table and other games.
We can help organise additional activities such as a bagpiper’s welcome, whisky tasting or outdoor activities including horse riding. We can even arrange an exclusive tour of the Borders or for a therapist to come and provide spa treatments within your accommodation to complete a truly memorable stay.
- Bedrooms: Eight – Three twin/super-king-size, one super-king-size, four king-size. Hairdryers and bathrobes are provided in all bedrooms
- Bathrooms: Eight – Two have a shower only, four have a bath with shower over and two have a free-standing bath with separate shower.
- Within each suite: Fully-equipped kitchen, 100% Egyptian cotton bed linen, towels, tea towels, large free-view TVs, Roberts digital radios, a selection of books and games, cleaning on departure, Wi-Fi, electricity, water and central heating.
- Catering: Guests are welcome to self-cater and have use of the Victorian Kitchen and its servery which has a fully fitted kitchen. Alternatively, let us arrange for one of our award-winning caterers to come in and provide all your meals for you.
- Experiences: We can organise a number of experiences from spa treatments to food hampers, a bagpiper’s welcome to an exclusive tour of the Borders. See our Experiences page for more details.
- Children: We can provide high chairs and travel cots for younger guests. There is a playpark within the castle grounds.
- Dogs: We welcome dogs and provide dog biscuits and food bowls.
- Gardens: There is a garden area to the rear of the castle where a selection of garden games are available for guests.
- Walks: There are also woodland and riverside walks within the estate and the grounds are crossed by long-distance path The Southern Upland Way.